Friday, May 27, 2011

birthdays, and changing font face

Bonnie has been so impressive lately with her blog we talk dinosaur. It is rather inspirational! Meanwhile, we've been writing loved ones. And it's this time of year we get extra mail in the mailbox because it's something like "birthday season" at the Becker house.

Isaac is about to turn the big 3, followed by Orry turning the big 5. They like opening their birthday mail, and I suppose it's a good a time as any to mention birthday greetings.

What I find awkward is messaging somebody on facebook when the last correspondence we shared was my birthday greeting from the year prior! Well, there's nothing like a note in the mail to solve that problem. And sometimes you don't really feel like a birthday card is in order, but how easy it is to write into a quick update later "I hope you have/had a happy birthday this year!"

To wit:

Dear Ben,
<--I am using my cousin here because I'm thinking about him.

We've been settling into our new Texas life here over the past year. I am teaching English as a second language at a new college. The job is much better than the pay.

Our brood kind of reminds me of your family when you were young. But in Houston, Texas instead of Buhl, Idaho.

I hope you had a great birthday recently. I wonder about your life in New York. I hope all is well.

Take care!


Whew, it took a while for me to figure out how to change font face! I hope it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment